Re: Accessible 'munging' of e-mail addresses on web sites

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:13:40 +0100
To: Samuel Rinnetmäki <w3wai@puoli.net>, "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:13:50 +0200 (EET), Samuel Rinnetmäki
<w3wai@puoli.net> wrote:

>> personally, I find contact forms annoying as I like a record of
>> all my correspondence in the correct place, in my mail application.
>
> Would it help if the contact form had e.g. a checkbox:
> [ ] Send a copy of this message to my e-mail address
> or something similar?

Not usually, because you have to get the email client to put it in the
thread at the right place. Although this is improving slowly.

> Contact forms are better than e-mail addresses because you can use them
> when you only have the browser and can't access your mail application.

But email addresses are better because modern email clients form part of
an interoperable and integrated set of information management tools...

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile - Vice Presidente - Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org                      http://www.sidar.org