Re: accessible banking:

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:02:18 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

David Woolley wrote:
> Unfortunately, in these days of heavily "designed" pages, I can imagine
> it happening.  The simplest case might be overflowing under a sidebar.

I think it may be worth to define exactly what we're talking about
(again, haven't read through the entirety of this thread...maybe this
has already been done, but indulge me): the "marketing" front-end of a
banking site, or the actual bit where you see your account information,
initiate transactions, etc. Surely the design aspect on the latter part
(whose lack of accessibility / cross-browser functionality, I would
imagine, is one of the main parts that are causing this debate) is not
as pronounced, and therefore less of an issue when creating reasonably
robust layouts?

Patrick H. Lauke