Re: accessible banking:

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 20:00:01 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Kurt_Mattes@bankone.com wrote:

> B) simple point is, templates do nothing to reduce testing for
> accessibility when there are content related guidelines that require testing
> all the content of every page for accessibility.  For example - it is a
> violation of the guidelines to have a language change occur without properly
> tagging it.

Unless this conversation has mutated quite drastically, I think the
original point was that certain sites don't work in anything other than
IE, full stop. We're not arguing for complete adherence to AAA or
anything as idealistic as that, but simply to ensure that  a banking
site lets you in and perform the basic functions, rather than being a
completely "IE or nothing" approach. It's basic cross-browser
interoperability, not ensuring every single guideline is adhered to to
the letter.

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com