Re: accessible banking:

On  7 Feb, Kurt_Mattes@bankone.com wrote:

> Testing a 'template based' bank site on two platforms with two
> browsers for each platform requires thousands of QA hours.

  Why is that?

  Are you honestly suggesting that a test need to include every single
  combination of dynamic data and template, for every document, and -
  for a bank - presumably every user and user interaction?

  Testing each use-case against the basic system is *most certainly* not
  something which requires "thousands of QA hours", unless you are
  telling us that each use-case is so complicated that testing it
  requires hours upon hours of work - if so, how on earth do you expect
  your *users* to handle this?

  It is rather obvious that the tests done are to make sure that each
  use-case can be completed no matter which browser; not done to make
  sure every possible document/data/user/browser iteration is perfect.

> isn't that difficult.  This will also require eliminating content
> specific guidelines like changes to the base language used [e.g. use
> of the word "viola" or a Spanish phrase on a link to a Spanish
> language version].

  This bit I simply don't understand at all.

  [bottom-up quoting snipped]

   [+46] 0708 557 905