Re: accessible banking:

From: "Access Systems" <accessys@smart.net>
To: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>
Cc: "wai-ig list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 10:13 AM

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, david poehlman wrote:
>
> check out "ING" it iis a newish on line banking service.
>
> haven't used em so can't comment on the range of services.
>
> other than that I have found the smaller banks to be more helpful

**I wouldn't necessarily say so.  nearly all of the talking ATM's are with
big banks.  ditto for free bill pay.  the same is true for banking
information in Braille or on audio cassette.  also, automated telephone
information lines popular with the blind and others with disabilities, such
as those with speech impairments, are usually found at the big banks.  Small
banks may be virtuous to some, but the biggies have enormous resources and
economies of scale that make these services possible.

Kelly