Re: accessible banking:

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:44:56 +0100
To: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>, "wai-ig list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi Dave,

I use the Commonwealth Bank. I realise that it is probably not in walking
distance, but nor is Bank of America for me. I have not done a full
accessibility evaluation, but I was pleased that they made the site work
across browsers. They do use some Java, but I think they could make the
site work without it, and hope they will.

I know that other banks in Australia have worked hard on this too. Amex,
which _is_ in the US, made some steps, but don't seem to have followed up
:-(

I believe that the UK are still the leaders here, however. The folks at
the RNIB might have more information.

Finally, Patrizia Bertini and Marco Trevisan did some good research a
couple of years ago on online banking in Italy. At the time the results
were a bit depressing - I don't know if they have updated their research
more recently. (If you read Italian you could get a copy of their work I
think).

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                 Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org                      http://www.sidar.org