Rif: Re: Inline help for form fields

From: <Sebastiano.Nutarelli@csi.it>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:28:35 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

I wrote something similar to this a while ago that may answer some of your
questions: http://juicystudio.com/invisible-form-prompts.asp
Best regards,
Gez

Hi Gez,
through you article I landed in a absorbing (and worrying) web page
(http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=ScreenreaderVisibility).
The table that resume support  about most used screen reader of
display:none; is anxious!
I knew Jaws support it and IBM HPR not, but I'm really surprised about a
Win Eyes survey and others in general.
Don't you think screen reader aren't answering in a best way to the UAAG?
I feel the off-left technique not really looks like a fine replacement for
display:none; but more that a real (and not "elegant") hack!
But it's better supported than display:none;...
What's do you think about it?
Cheers

Sebastiano Nutarelli

CSI Piemonte
C.so Unione Sovietica, 216 - 10134 - Torino - Uff. 221
Direzione Sviluppo Servizi su Rete e Banche Dati
Settore Dati e Servizi Informativi in rete
Portali di servizi WEB

Tel. +39 011 3168937