From: "James Nurthen" <
jnurthen@gmail.com>

To: <
w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 9:06 PM
Subject: Strikethrough elements and JAWS

Hi,
I need to create a review page for an application which shows text
which has changed (preferably as a strikethough) and its replacement.
It would seem that the natural elements for this would be <DEL> and
<INS>, however JAWS does not seem to recognise these elements. In fact
it reads the example from the WCAG 2.0 draft techniques document,
"<P>A Sheriff can employ <del>3</del><INS>5</INS> deputies. </P>"
as
"A Sheriff can employ thirty-five deputies."

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to accomplish this requirement.

Thanks,
James

Johnnie Apple Seed