RE: Colours to aid people with dyslexia (was: Using CSS to create zoom layouts for low-vision people)

> From: Andy Budd

> I'm probably just demonstrating my ignorance here, but are there
> certain colours that help people with dyslexia? If there are I'd love
> to find out more about this topic

A few good links are gathered on the CETIS site

http://www.cetis.ac.uk/members/accessibility/links/disabilities/cogdis#web

As a general principle, as far as I'm aware, the advice is to avoid pure
black on white, as the high contrast may result in overpowering "rivers of
whitespace", and that light shades of cream/yellow are preferrable as a
background colour.

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford