Re: Javascript question

John Carpenter wrote:
> - The "hover" effect does not appear to have a keyboard alternative as
> far as I can tell.  Therefore the menu will only work with the mouse.

Using :hover alone, that's true. You should look at doubling it up with
the :focus pseudo-class - and as far as I remember, IE gets it wrong in
this respect and mistakenly wants :active as well...*sigh*

I usually do something like:

element:focus, element:hover, element:active { /*rules*/ }

But I agree, it's not that much more accessible: the javascript method
obviously requires JS to be available/enabled, whereas the pure CSS
method requires a modern browser which understands the pseudo-classes.
However, as long as the top level menu titles are clickable, and take
the user to an intermediate page which offers the links that would
normally be in the menu, it should be equivalent even without JS or CSS
support...if that makes sense.

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com