WCAG formalization (rewriting WCAG HTML techniques as automatable rules)

From: Vicente Luque Centeno <vlc@it.uc3m.es>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 15:54:50 +0200 (CEST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hi all,

In order to have better WCAG rules for automated tools, I recently
published [1]. They are just a set of XPath/XQuery based expressions that
rewrite WCAG in a more automatable and less fuzzy way.

Now I have upgrade those rules to WCAG 2.0, and I have published
them at [2] (plus some comments). I would be pleased to receive your
comments/feedback. It would be nice to have no misinterpretation on
WCAG (we would not have different tools' interpretations). I also think
that these rules + a XQuery engine + some preferences for personalizing
subjectivity + some little integration code could be enough to build an
accessibility evaluation tool.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.www2005.org/cdrom/docs/p1146.pdf
[2] http://www.it.uc3m.es/vlc/wai/wcag20formal.html