From: "Alastair Campbell" <ac@nomensa.com>
To: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>
Cc: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@sidar.org>; "Emmanuelle Gutiérrez y
Restrepo" <coordina@sidar.org>; <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 4:20 AM
Subject: Re: Braille style sheets

david poehlman wrote:
> if you
> use a screen reader for windows that supports braille, the screen reader
> decides what the braille display will render.

There seems to be a fairly complex set of user agent responsibilities
going on in this case.

The braille hardware connects to the access software (e.g. a screen
reader), which sits on top of the OS, using a (probably) mainstream browser.

Which one should pick up the different media types?

Presumably, if the browser/OS do not, then the access software would
have a difficult time using them?

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--

Alastair Campbell   |   Director of Research & Development

Please refer to the following disclaimer for this message:
http://www.nomensa.com/email-disclaimer.html