RE: Alt is not a description (was Re: when to use longdesc for images)

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:02:51 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> From: david poehlman

> I would think that in a valid world, jaws
> should ignore null alt no matter what you set the verbosity
> of html images to be.

Well, in this case I'd actually say "not necessarily": if the user
explicitly set JAWS to announce images, no matter what, then the
AT should comply with the user's wishes (as long as, by default, it
acts "as expected" and silently skips over images with null alt).

Interesting stuff...

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford