Re: mixed results with screen readers and alt

From: david poehlman <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:17:35 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Just a note on screen reader functionality.

If you provide three or more of the same character in succession such as ***
or ---, unless a user makes a concious decision not to do so, the symbols
will be rendered.  That is why I suggested three instead of less than three
although I think it is the fault of an user agent/at combo that if alt
displays only one character that it is ignored.

Johnnie Apple Seed