RE: Short and long descriptions for links

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:09:08 -0000
To: "Matthew J. Giustino" <mjg@giustiweb.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

From: Matthew J. Giustino
> Just for clarification, you are saying that "longdesc"
> may be more appropriate to use than the "title" attribute?

Aeh...*no*, I didn't mention longdesc anywhere in my reply, did I?

I just adopted the terminology the thread starter used in the subject
line...

This makes most of your points moot, as I know that longdesc can't
be used on A elements, isn't exposed to keyboard users, etc

We're in agreement here that longdesc can't be used.

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk