Re: Text email newsletter standard

From: Laura Carlson <lcarlson@d.umn.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:56:43 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

--On Thursday, December 9, 2004 david poehlman wrote:

> This discussion could only be enriched if the
> developers of the standard were present.

I've written to Dan Jellinek Editor of E-Access Bulletin at
headstar.com asking for his insight.

As for me, I learned about TEN through the E-Access Bulletin. And for
over two and a half years now, like Gian, I've been using the TEN type
of format as a navigation aid in my own Web Design Update Newsletter:
http://www.d.umn.edu/goto/webdevlist

All my user feedback has been positive. Here are some comments from my
subscribers regarding what they like about the TEN format:

"Attention to accessible-friendliness."
"Clearly distinguished separate sections and articles."
"Summary of contents at the top of each issue."
"Attention to accessibility issues."
"Spacing between the heading and articles."
"Consistency and clear writing."
"Organization and format."
"The simplicity."
"Easy navigation through each issue."

To date I haven't received any negative feedback.

All the Best,
Laura
Laura L. Carlson
University of Minnesota Duluth