Re: Text email newsletter standard

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:14:37 +1030
To: Mike Brown <mike@signify.co.nz>
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Mike Brown wrote:

> Aside from the "pseudo-structural" sutff in the standard, a lot of it
> seemed to me to be good practice, but not necessarily something writing
> a newsletter would think about. For example, spelling out things rather
> than using symbols, putting the name number and date of the newsletter
> first, having a contents section at the top etc

If it isn't "natural" for an author to set out a document in this format, all
the more reason to use an appropriate authoring tool that produces XML/XHTML in
the first instance.  The code produced can then be converted to the appropriate
form using XSLT, without the author needing to know too much about it.

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy
South Australia