Re: Text email newsletter standard

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:30:36 +1030
To: david poehlman <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

david poehlman wrote:
> except that for many of us, email is much better suited for content
> rendering than the web.

David - do you mean that plain text is rendered better by software (such as
screen readers)?

This statement confirms, however Patrick's statement that there should be a
choice.  Although maybe that should be choices.

There are, of course, two issues at stake here:
1) the delivery medium:
   1a) Picked up by client (Web)
   1b) Delivered to client (email)
2) the document format:
   2a) Plain text
   2b) (X)HTML
   2c) PDF
   2d) etcetera...

So, we should really be offering of what we want to receive and how we want to
receive it.

Matthew Smith
South Australia
FOAF: http://www.mss.cx/foaf.rdf