Re: Text email newsletter standard

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:30:36 +1030
To: david poehlman <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

david poehlman wrote:
> except that for many of us, email is much better suited for content
> rendering than the web.

David - do you mean that plain text is rendered better by software (such as
screen readers)?

This statement confirms, however Patrick's statement that there should be a
choice.  Although maybe that should be choices.

There are, of course, two issues at stake here:
1) the delivery medium:
   1a) Picked up by client (Web)
   1b) Delivered to client (email)
2) the document format:
   2a) Plain text
   2b) (X)HTML
   2c) PDF
   2d) etcetera...

So, we should really be offering of what we want to receive and how we want to
receive it.

--
Matthew Smith
South Australia