Re: Testing Checkpoint 6.1 of WCAG 1.0: Style sheets

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 22:38:45 +0100 (CET)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On  2 Dec, Annmarie L Gemma wrote:

> I would like to compare the accessibility of a number of sites, and
> one of the checkpoints that I will be discussing is 6.1: Documents
> should be readable without style sheets.   >

  In my view it is impossible to automate this process. My best tip is
  to use a browser which allow you to turn off stylesheets completely.
  Opera is a good example. One might think that Lynx - otherwise an
  excellent testing tool - could be used, but there are certain issues
  regarding images and stylesheets that can only be reliably tested
  using a graphical browser.

  Opera in 'user mode' is our favourite testing tool for 6.1. There are
  also some Javascript-based "favlets" out there, but some of these
  suffer from certain errors (they only turn -some- CSS off, and not
  all) and should be used with care.

   [+46] 0708 557 905