WCAG 2.0 - clarification

From: zara <zara@arobas.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:14:54 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Greetings all,

In the WCAG 2.0 working draft, there are two terms that I am completely
unfamiliar with (the terms "expanding outlines" and "dynamic fisheye views")
and that I would appreciate clarification on or examples of.  For reference,
see the following excerpt taken from glossary[1].

Catherine
--

"Site Navigation Mechanism

A site navigation mechanism is a mechanism for easily orienting and moving
about within the site. Site navigation mechanisms include but are not
limited to:

- a home page with hyperlinks on it and subsequent pages that link to the
other pages at the site
- site map(s)
- search engine(s)
- expanding outline(s)
- dynamic fisheye views showing all linked pages or topics related to any
page.
- 3-D virtual representations of site content"

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-WCAG20-20040730/#id4517396

--
Catherine Roy

www.w3qc.org