Re: Bobby - a bad tool

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:24:51 +0200 (MEST)
To: "Alice Good" <Alice.Good@port.ac.uk>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Much valuable has been sent to you and the list, but I need to add my two
cents...

> What are people's opinions on the usefulness of Bobby as an
> accessibility checker?

Bobby is definitely horrible to use at first, but you can get used to it as
has already been pointed out, then discovering its usefulness.

> Can anyone recommend a credible accessbility checker please?

There are several good and recommendable accessibility checkers. Please see
the UITest.com accessibility section [1] for a comprehensive list of web
based tools. (You could also use the Site Check tool [2] to perform a test
using some of these checkers.)

Regards,
 Jens.

[1] http://uitest.com/en/cat/analysis/