aDesigner - was Re: Bobby - a bad tool

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:02:09 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3c.org
I won't comment on the other tools, but I do need to let you all know
about a new kind of a tool from IBM alphaWorks called aDesigner.  It does
things no other tools do.  It simulates barriers experienced by people who
have disabilities so that Web designers can ensure that their pages are
accessible and usable.

It is available for evaluation from
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/adesigner

Besides the IBM alphaWorks forum discussions, Jim Thatcher has posted the
only other opinion about it that I know of.
 http://www.jimthatcher.com/news.htm

btw, although Jim says: "It's free", please read the alphaWorks license
which let's you evaluate it, not deploy it into production.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins
IBM Worldwide Accessibility Center
http://www.ibm.com/able