accessibility at risk on commercial sites:

From: david poehlman <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:55:36 -0400
To: "wai-ig list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi all,

I hope this finds its way to those who can help with it.  It seems that an
alarmingly growing number of ECommerce establishments are denying access to
users of user agents other than the latest netscape or ie.  This does not
bode well for universal accessibility in that the users of user agents other
than these is also growing.  We need for the giant commerce sites to provide
access to a wider range of user agents.  I've been writing to them as I find
them but there is a great reluctance in that community to widen their
audience.  Please help if you can.

Thanks!

Johnnie Apple Seed