Fw: [SEC508] Web Site Testing

Johnnie Apple Seed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Morgavan" <jmorgavan@yahoo.com>
To: <sec508@trace.wisc.edu>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 1:42 PM
Subject: [SEC508] Web Site Testing

I want to test a web site for accessibility. The web site will reside on the
internet and I want it to be accessible to the widest audience possible.  I
am not a user of ATs that are used by the disabled community meaning that I
don't have access to these technologies nor do I have any experience with
them.

Are there any proven approaches to site testing that one would be interested
in sharing?

I am using validation software like BobbyWorldwide, etc. but I would like to
take my testing one step further by having someone (preferably from the
disabled community) test the site with say JAWS and other ATs. If I am
looking for someone experienced in an AT, which AT experience  would I seek
out?  Over in the browser world IE is the heavy hitter, so is there one AT
that is most often used in the disabled community?

Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Regards,
Jan Morgavan