Re: form submit buttons and javascript/hyperlinks

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:29:18 +0930
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

David Woolley wrote:
There's a difference for humans.  A button is a command, and generally
corresponds to a verb.  A link is a statement that more information
can be found, and should correspond to a noun.  If you mix them up, you
will confuse people who are not regular GUI users.

Whilst I had some fuzzy concept of this in my head (and long ago gave up using
buttons for links), the verb/noun comparison makes this much clearer for me and
makes perfect sense.  Kudos to David for turning on that little light bulb in my

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy
South Australia

Outside temperature:  18.2 degrees Celcius.
Wind due WNW,  5.5km/hr gusting to  8.4km/hr
Temperatures today (avg/max/min):   8.1/ 20.5/  5.2 degrees Celcius.
Max wind speed today  8.4km/hr at 07:15
Precipitation today: 0.000mm