Re: Fw: FW: Skip navigation in WCAG-2

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:44:09 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
> My biggest objection to "skip nav" is that it makes me feel like I've
given no
>place to go.  Go to main content would be helpful.  A heading of
navigation
>would be helpful for the nav portion though.

I agree, that's why I recommend "jump to main content", which is different
from "skip navigation".

Unfortunately both WCAG and 508 uses phrases that emphasize the skipping
of repetitive links, which in my opinion was the symptom not the solution.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins
IBM Worldwide Accessibility Center