RE: HTML Table Markup

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:48:29 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> If we agree that data tables absolutely require use TH
>(or other technique) we must do so with consideration
> of very simple data tables.  I gave the example of a
> 3x2 table with three names and three phone numbers.
> Do we want 5.1 to require the addition of a heading
> row in this case?

No.  Could we agree that a simple 3x2 table is not a "data" table, but is
in fact just a layout table?  Even though it has some names and phone
numbers in it doesn't require it to have heading to be understood, just as
long as the name and phone number are in the same row - that's all that is
required for the sighted and screen reader users to make sense out of it.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins