Re: FW: Skip navigation in WCAG-2

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:23:02 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> them to.  They don't have to start at the top of the page and read at all.

I think what was being said is that they start reading the page before it
is completely loaded.

> They could just simply announce that the page is loaded and let you do the
> reading.  They could announce that the page is loaded and verballize the

Some pages never completely load, and load in a way that replaces a
please wait page with the results, all in one page.  I would say the
latter was an abuse of HTML, but it does exist.  The former is marginal,
as you never get a complete and valid document, but has uses for real
time data.

Incremental rendering is generally a desirable feature, although
unimaginative use of layout tables means that many sites that sorely need
it don't achieve it.