Reccomendations, images in PDF or MS Word files

From: Tipton, William <bill.tipton@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:21:56 -0700
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi,

Are there any recommendations and techniques for resolving images
embedded in PDF or MS Word files that are placed on web pages?

Maybe like putting alternative text on those images. If this is possible
would screen readers pick up these images?

If you know of any resources for resolution and the techniques to do
such a thing can I have the URL's so I can resolve any issues.

Thanks for your guidance.

Bill Tipton