RE: Is W3C Technology Fragmented or Unified?

From: RUST Randal <RRust@COVANSYS.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:19:47 -0400
To: "WAI-IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Geoff Deering wrote:

> I probably did not explain the issue I am targeting properly.
>  What I am saying is not specifically WAI/WCAG related, but I
> was looking for feedback from others to see what they think
> in trying to address all the W3C technologies.

Yes, I understood what you meant:)

And I have the same concerns.

> I know I have enough on my hands just trying to keep up with
> basic W3C technologies.  Whose the guru who has all this
> encapsulated in a vision
> *AND* really knows how to deploy all this in one CMS?

An excellent question. I would have to say that the W3C needs more
technical expertise on board. Not from vendors, not from educators, but
from people who actually try to implement these things on a daily basis.

Randal Rust
Covansys Corp.
Columbus, OH