RE: PDF in WCAG 2

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:49:47 +0000 (UTC)
To: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> And how does the filesize (and therefore, time to download) of HTML
> compare with your average PDF (which in many cases originated from a
> print job, with lots of pretty pictures that more often than not are
> still at a whopping print resolution)?

I gather that, in the short matter of two days, the term "pretty pictures"
has come to act as shorthand for any use of anything other than text on
the Web that the author dislikes.

Gee, aren't we *supposed* to be creating pretty pictures for all them LD
folks?

Why, I ask for I'm sure the very first time, do so many Working Group
members hate the Web?

--

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
     Expect criticism if you top-post