Re: PDF in WCAG 2

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:44:36 -0500
To: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
>I beg to differ with the statement that the wcag is about the content and
>not the file format or perhaps , they should be.

Well, maybe we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

If we were talking about SVG instead of PDF would the conversation be any
different?  Are there enough assistive technologies that support SVG? Does
SVG run in Lynx?  SVG is what I loosely consider the W3C version of PDF.
and by the way SVG is specifically listed in WCAG 2.0  But the point is
that the SVG author still needs to make the content follow the principles
in WCAG 2.0.

Regards,
Phill