Re: PDF in WCAG 2

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick <andrew_kirkpatrick@wgbh.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:51:46 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> John Foliot wrote:
> The WAI, WCAG, etc. is concerned about making *HTML based
> content* universally accessible.  Period.

John, can you clarify a bit here?  I'm not 100% certain whether you are
suggesting that WAI/WCAG are currently just concerned with HTML-based
content or if they _should_ only be concerned with doing this.

Accessible or not yet, there is more to the web than HTML.  If someone
develops "foo", a large portion of the computer world goes along with it
despite accessibility issues, and HTML falls to the wayside, the WAI/WCAG
needs to be there.

I don't want to misrepresent your opinion so I'm asking what you meant, but
I'd have a hard time agreeing with an HTML-only WCAG/WAI.

AWK

--
Andrew Kirkpatrick
Project Manager, WGBH National Center for Accessible Media

617-300-4420 (direct voice/FAX)
617-300-3400 (main NCAM)
617-300-2489 (TTY)