Re: Using em or percent for properties that need to change (fwd)

--On Tuesday, August 17, 2004 Andy Budd <andy@message.uk.com> wrote:

> The old guidelines said that you were only supposed to use relative
> units, however pixels are defined as relative units.

fyi...Derek Featherstone wrote a related article "Pixels as Relative
Units of Measure":
http://www.wats.ca/articles/pixelsarerelative/65

He con concludes with,: "Pixels are a relative unit - relative to
monitor resolution. % and em are relative to a browser setting, and it
is the browser setting that matters for every day use, and I believe it
is what matters for Checkpoint 3.4."

Laura
Laura L. Carlson
University of Minnesota Duluth