RE: Request for review

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:24:48 +0100
To: "W" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> From: Andy Budd
[...]
> Guideline 2.1 Make all functionality operable via a keyboard or a
> keyboard interface.
>
> Is this not a little subjective? For instance, if a web
> browser doesn't
> support tabbing between links or form elements, it's beyond the site
> developers ability to do anything about it.

Of course site developers can't fix broken browsers through extra markup
and/or javascript kludges. I'd see these guidelines working in the context
of a browser which adheres to (at least the majority of) UAAG1.0
http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG10/guidelines.html#tech-device-independent-ui

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford