Re: WCAG 2.0, a joke or for real?

From: James Craig <wai-ig@cookiecrook.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:08:11 -0500
To: Jesper Tverskov <jesper.tverskov@mail.tele.dk>
Cc: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Jesper Tverskov wrote:

> In WCAG 2.0 concrete issues like the inaccessibility of most pdf-files,
> etc., is not an issue any more. The issue could be indirectly present
> somewhere but not easy to find, I have been looking for half a day now.
>
> .. snip ..
>
> If WCAG 2.0 is not turning back to a more common sense direction putting
> more focus at the important issues on the web at the moment, I fear a
> schism in the accessibility movement.

WCAG 2 is meant to be technology-agnostic so it can apply to *all* web
content, even content types that are not available yet. You should look
at the technology-specific techniques sections for HTML and CSS, and the
gateway to techniques.

<http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-WCAG20-GATEWAY-20040730/>
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-WCAG20-HTML-TECHS-20040730/>
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-WCAG20-CSS-TECHS-20040730/>

If you have something constructive to add, get involved and discuss
possible solutions with the group. Such is the beauty of an open
standards body.

Cheers,
James Craig

--