Re: WCAG 2.0, a joke or for real?

From: James Craig <wai-ig@cookiecrook.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:08:11 -0500
To: Jesper Tverskov <jesper.tverskov@mail.tele.dk>
Cc: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Jesper Tverskov wrote:

> In WCAG 2.0 concrete issues like the inaccessibility of most pdf-files,
> etc., is not an issue any more. The issue could be indirectly present
> somewhere but not easy to find, I have been looking for half a day now.
> .. snip ..
> If WCAG 2.0 is not turning back to a more common sense direction putting
> more focus at the important issues on the web at the moment, I fear a
> schism in the accessibility movement.

WCAG 2 is meant to be technology-agnostic so it can apply to *all* web
content, even content types that are not available yet. You should look
at the technology-specific techniques sections for HTML and CSS, and the
gateway to techniques.

If you have something constructive to add, get involved and discuss
possible solutions with the group. Such is the beauty of an open
standards body.

James Craig