xml.gov

From: William R Williams <wrwilliams@fs.fed.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:47:00 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hello,

I truly apologize if the following request is seen as insensitive, but I am
really confused about this the following URL:

http://www.eccnet.com/xmlug/XML-forum/survey.xml

It contains a data table that appears to pull in a plain text file composed
in xml. However, nothing in the source that indicates the specific mark-up.
I wonder just how accessible the data table is.

This is a document that is part of xml.gov -- which seems a useful project.
Their "home" page seems to suffer from poor and outdated development
techniques. A statement certifies that the site is 508 compliant. But it
certainly doesn't meet any W3C standards.

I wonder if there is something I am missing. Does it render well in AT
devices? Any feedback?

You might detect that I am not associated with the project. Thanks for the
help.

Bill Williams