Re: Breadcrumbs

Let me be more clear on this.  I would like a way to be allowed to reduce
the clutter.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elizabeth J. Pyatt" <ejp10@psu.edu>
To: "david poehlman" <poehlman1@comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: Breadcrumbs

David Poehlman wrote:
What would be helpful is a way to reduce the clutter on the user agent end.

David

I'm afraid, I do not find this helpful advice, as clutter is somewhat
of a judgement call.  As one of the SURL reports indicated,
breadcrumbs were used by some people on the Office Max site.
Therefore, one person's clutter maybe someone else's signpost for
very structured Web sites.

Remember that the alternative to breadcrumbs has traditionally been
the lefthand navigation menu which can also be quite "cluttered".

I appreciate conciseness, but too much conciseness can lead to
accessibility issues also.

Sincerely

Elizabeth

--