Re: Breadcrumbs

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 10:35:39 -0500
To: "david poehlman" <poehlman1@comcast.net>
Cc: "Matt May" <mcmay@w3.org>, mimasa@w3.org, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org, w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org
Sorry David, I don't quite understand your latest 2 comments.

>it's just clutter to me.

>sheesh, Why not just show us only the content of the page we are on and
we
>wouldn't need to know where we've been or where we need to go next.

Who are you referring to as "us" and "we"?  Are you suggesting that screen
reader users only want the content of the page and do not want the
navigation or bread crumb links and that would unclutter the page?  I
could understand that that is your individual opinion. However, I do share
the opinion that all users would want to separate the content from the
navigation and bread crumb links, but I do not share the opinion that the
best way to unclutter the page is to delete the navigation and bread
crumbs.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins