RE: Accessible web content services

From: Jim Thatcher <jim@jimthatcher.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:40:15 -0500
To: "'William R Williams'" <wrwilliams@fs.fed.us>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

So you second Tina's opinion ... which is?

Tina: Yet another example of "Do as I say, not as I do" to show off for
people wanting to learn about accessibility?

Tina's criticisms of http://ittatc.org are valid, "read more ..." occurring
5 times. That is important, but it is not a 508 violation. Section 508 for
us and for ITTATC in particular is very important.

If US federal agency sites were as well done and accessible as ITTATC I
would be delighted. I agree, Bill, that contractors (large companies) doing
Federal Sites do not get it. For examples check out
http://jimthatcher.com/whatnot.htm and http://jimthatcher.com/whatnot2004.
I wish the agencies did half as well as ITTATC. They don't.

I stand by the idea if the federal agencies - everyone for that matter - did
as well as ITTATC (did as they do) - then this world would be a much more
accessible place and the comparative nits you are raising here would then
become interesting.

And yes Tina, I know that "accessibility isn't restricted to the blind."
(You both missed the fact that there is one decorative graphic lacking
alt-text.)

Jim
Accessibility, What Not to do: http://jimthatcher.com/whatnot.htm.
Web Accessibility Tutorial: http://jimthatcher.com/webcourse1.htm.