RE: Clarification: RE: Accessible web content services.

From: Jon Dodd <jon@bunnyfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:40:54 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Tina wrote >

   "When you click on the prompt text, does a flashing cursor appear in
    the box next to that text? If not, your forms are inaccessible."

  What does this mean ? Does it mean that to be accessible, the form
  label must, somehow, be clickable ? Lynx and braille readers spring to
  mind.

I replied >

I have not been following this thread - life is too short - but I scanned
this message and read the above. I think that the author of the quoted text
is probably referring to the fact that under some OS/Browser combinations
the fact that explicit labeling of form controls has been used is revealed
by a flashing cursor. There are of course other ways to check this but I
imagine the author was just being helpful - if my interpretation is correct
(and I haven't read the article) then perhaps he did not explain this fully.

Jon