Re: Accessible web content services

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:27:32 +0200 (CEST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On 29 Jul, Jim Thatcher wrote:

> Hi Ineke,
>
>> I should not be happy to be listed in such a page.
>
> You are welcome to that opinion. ITTATC is funded by the US Department of
> Education to support Section 508. They do important work in that area. Their
> web site may not be perfect but it is usable by people who are blind and

  Is it ? A mere cursory glance at the "homepage" presents me with a
  list of "Read more"'s. Am I the only one who uses tools that create
  summary lists of links in a document ? I don't think so.

  Besides which: accessibility isn't restricted to the blind. I could
  imagine that quite a few people would benefit from, for instance, a
  tool to extract and present paragraphs. That'll be hard on ITTATC's
  site - they don't seem to *have* any paragraphs - nor any headers.

  Yet another example of "Do as I say, not as I do" to show off for
  people wanting to learn about accessibility ?

   [+46] 0708 557 905