Re: Should pdf and doc open alone or inside the browser

From: Jesper Tverskov <jesper.tverskov@mail.tele.dk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:57:57 +0200
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

David Dorward wrote:

* All files should be served with the correct content-type.

* Non-standard http headers should be avoided.

* All[1] browser plugins for opening Office/Adobe documents in the
browser window can be enabled or disabled in favour of an Open/Save
dialog at the user's desecration.

* Given that the user does always have that choice - isn't it wrong to
override their decision?

If I understand you right, I am not sure that I do, you support my
position that it is always right for a webpage author to serve the
open/save dialog box using the Content-Disposition Header as explained
here: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2183.txt?

Or, I am not an expert in headers, the Content-Disposition Header is
considered non-standard?

Best regards,
Jesper