Automatic Refresh

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 07:59:07 +0930
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi All

I am working on an application that creates an XHTML page from data acquired
from a network of temperature sensors.

As this data is "live", it needs to be refreshed on a regular basis.  I have a
mechanism that creates a refresh meta element so that the page will update a few
seconds after ever poll of the sensors.

To make this accessible, would it be a simple case of starting off with no
refresh (refresh element not included in page header) and having a link
"automatic refresh" to start the cycle?  One would obviously have a "stop
automatic refresh" control for when the cycle is running.

If this is sound, an application like this could make all sorts instrumentation
accessible.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy