RE: Access key questions

Hi Susan,

I hope you read my Web Course on scripts
(http://jimthatcher.com/webcoursea.htm#Webcourse10.D) and followed the
recommendation for DHMTL menus - BECAUSE you have done it exactly as I
recommend. Terrific! The idea of making the submenu links available on the
page that the main menu link opens - is the only practical way of making
these menu systems accessible . in my opinion. I will try to remember to use
CSU.org as an example in the future instead of NSF.gov.

On the accesskey question, as Mathew has already pointed out, display:
hidden doesn't work. In fact it doesn't work for screen readers either.

I strongly recommend using a visible skip link - on the far right, top. You
could make it the same color as the background of your menu items - or
lighter (I'm not a designer). If the designers (you?) aren't able to deal
with that, then use an invisible gif (sigh!) to the right of the logo. Lots
of room! I don't have a visible skip link on my site (http://jimthatcher.com
<http://jimthatcher.com/> ) but I I will in the next version.

Beautiful site! Congratulations.

Jim