Re: AOL drops e-mail address for accessibility

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 08:45:37 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> **I have not heard from AOL if WXRT radio can be listened to using its stand
> alone player so I don't know if this is an actual possibility.  I could

Based on another streaming media radio site, I think that many organisations
providing these don't want you to be able to get at the underlying URL
which would allow you to open the site in a standalone player.  This might
be a combination of ignorance and the liking for "designed" sites, but it
may well also be because the streaming media is a loss leader to get you
to the advertising on the embedding page.

On the one I am thinking about, they intercept attempts to get at the media
player controls, so, if you don't turn off scripting, you can't get a
full screen display.