RE: AOL drops e-mail address for accessibility

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick <andrew_kirkpatrick@wgbh.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:23:46 -0500
To: "'Paul Davis'" <paul@ten-20.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> To Quote
> "but I don't think that a blanket dismissal of AOL's
> accessibility efforts is appropriate."
> Why?
> It seems only by a direct challenge does anything happen. The
> impression given is "lets see what we can get away with"

I have no problem with posting a question about the media player to this
list, or directly to AOL or any other the other creators of inaccessible
media players.

I have no problem with directly challenging the maker to make it accessible,
and "outing" a player or inaccessible product is fair game.

What I disagree with is when a generalized condemnation is made based on a
single and very specific point.

Andrew Kirkpatrick
Project Manager, WGBH National Center for Accessible Media
125 Western Avenue
Boston, MA 02134