RE: [WAI-IG] was Serving my page in the right language

From: Lois Wakeman <lois@lois.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:00:01 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

David

>However, I would suggest that, at the moment, the reasonable assumption
when answering a question where the user doesn't specify the operating
system is to assume XP Home, or in the UK at least, a turnkey system based
on a pre-configured XP Home.<

Perhaps in your part of the UK. In this poor rural area where computer
literacy is perhaps not as good as it could be, about 50% of the people I
know who even have a PC tend to have old (often misconfigured by inept
"repairs" or virus attacks) Win95/98/ME machines - and that includes
business as well as home users.

(On a brighter note, the sun is shining on the primroses in the hedgebanks,
so it isn't all bad <grin /> )

Lois Wakeman

http://lois.co.uk
http://siteusability.com