Apple screen reader technology preview

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:05:06 -0500
To: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, webaim-forum@list.webaim.org
Cc: "Adam C. Engst" <ace@tidbits.com>, tips2003@macintouch.com, john@daringfireball.net

Yesterday at CSUN, Apple announced (where? in a meeting, a press
release, a paper presentation?) the upcoming Spoken Interface for OS

This will in fact be the long-rumoured Apple screen reader *and
more*, we are told.

<http://www.maccessibility.com/archive/000893.php >

Press coverage from yesterday:

Now, Apple is actively looking for beta-testers for this "technology
preview." If you know someone who's blind or visually-impaired (or
isn't) and is a Mac user (or isn't), pass the following URL along:

If you fill out the questionnaire and answer yes to the last
question, you may be considered for beta-testing.

I have friends at Apple, but beyond that I don't have any formal
involvement with the project.

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org | <http://joeclark.org/access/>
     Author, _Building Accessible Websites_ | <http://joeclark.org/book/>
     Expect criticism if you top-post