Re: [WAI-IG] Serving my page in the right language

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:01:23 +0100 (CET)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On 15 Mar, Jesper Tverskov wrote:

> Instead of your third file just do detect (you need a lot), I use a
> special setup file in asp.net called global.asax, and I am sure that php
> has something similar, to detect domain name, and then I do a so-called
> server transfer to the right page.

  You redirect to different language versions based on the *domain
  name*? That isn't a recommended procedure at all, and - in my view -
  harms accessibility.

  Instead, look at the HTTP Accept-Language header and determine which
  version of content to serve up. I suggest keeping two content trees.
  Remember to include a link to allow users to change language
  regardless of the HTTP header.

   [+46] 0708 557 905